Friday, October 9, 2009

New York and Seattle






I'm finally back home in Vancouver. After Cayman, me, Monette and 6 month old baby Coco went to New York City. Monette had business meetings and it was my job to babysit Coco.

We stayed at the fancy Waldorf Astoria. This is the historic hotel that royalty, presidents and famous movie stars have stayed in. It's always featured in movies and tv shows. My suggestion is if you are going to splurge and stay at a fancy hotel, you should go to the Waldorf and take lots of pictures. Then jump in a cab and stay at the Four Seasons. While it is very beautiful, the building is very old. When people are walking in the hall by your room, you can hear their conversations!

While we were there, Monette did have some free time, so we did the tourist thing and walked around Time Square and did some shopping around town. When Monette had to work, she was nice enough to get Coco a babysitter for part of the time, so I could take my nap and walk around 5th avenue (shopping capital of New York City).

I know I've gushed about Coco a lot in this blog, but I just can't help it. She is the cutest baby ever! It's was so hard to go shopping with her, because everyone wants to stop you and ask you questions about her. Usually with other babies people just walk by and say "Cute baby!" But with Coco, they want to know everything about her. It's because she loves to stare at people with her huge eyes and gives them a smile. What a flirt!

New York City was great, but it was time for our next adventure: A 7 HOURS FLIGHT WITH A 6 MONTH OLD BABY! It was from NYC to Seattle. It took that long because at JFK all the planes have to line up for about an hour waiting to take off.

We got to the airport over 2 hours in advance, checked in, went thru security and found a "quiet" corner facing the planes landing. Monette bought a blanket and we all sprawled out, letting Coco roll around and spend lots of energy.

The flight itself went off without a hitch. Coco didn't cry once during the flight! She didn't sleep that much either. However, she did "talk" a lot! I think she knew she had a captive audience! She smiled and laughed whenever someone looked at her. I can't say it often enough - she is such a flirt!

When the plane landed everyone that went by had to comment about how good and how cute Coco was. But the compliments didn't end there. We all had to take that indoor subway system to get to our baggage. Monette walked with Coco and her co-workers. I was slightly behind them with all Coco's adoring fans asking me questions about Coco. I told a bunch of cute things that Coco does and her fans were elated. Yup, I definitely love being in Coco's "entourage".

On the way to the hotel me and Monette talked about how Grandma Venus and Auntie Marites were going to be so excited to see Coco. We talked about how they would totally ignore us when we got there and focus all their attention on Coco. Never mind ignoring us - Mom literally shoved me out of the way to get to her grandbaby Coco! Not that I blame them too much - Coco was smiling and squealing with delight when she saw them. Too cute!

The next day Monette worked while we mostly stayed in the hotel and played with Coco. Then early this morning Monette and Coco left. Me, Mom and Marites drove home to Richmond (with a short stop at the Tulalip Factory Outlet for some quick shopping).

What an adventure this trip has been: Mexico, Grand Cayman, New York, and Seattle. I'm so glad to be home. I have just enough time to do my laundry before I leave for Philippines with my Dad in a few days. Oh, it's hard being a spoiled brat!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lana,
    I'm enjoying reading about your travels. You are very lucky. I'd love to go to New York sometime. I hear really nice things about it. I'll have to talk Ike into it as I don't think he is that interested in going there.
    I'll look forward to hearing about all your adventures when you get to the Philippines.

    Take care,
    Millie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! So the W-A isn't fictional ;)

    Allen

    ReplyDelete