Sunday, February 6, 2011

Cayman Feb 3-8 - Week 4

Oops it's already Sunday Feb 6 and I forgot to write in my blog. More of the same. Except on Friday night Monette took me out with her co-workers Jennifer and Brian. They're the same people we went out with the last time I was here. We went to Yoshi's for sushi before we headed out to the Aqua Beach bar. Loved dancing outside at the 7 mile beach. I even ran into a friend there - small island - I don't know that many people here. One thing that is very different from the clubs in Vancouver is the age of the people. In Vancouver most of the people are between the ages of 19 to 25. Since this is a tourist filled island, the people range from 21 to 60. There are some people wearing sexy dresses and some people wearing shorts and flipflops. There were even 2 guys that were dressed exactly like the men from the Jersey Shore - side ballcap, big biceps and fake tans! Whatever you wear is fine! This is the Carribean! Relax!


Feb.6 Sunday: Today, for Monette's actual birthday I cooked a breakfast for the family. I made eggs, bacon, toast, strawberries and blueberries. Me and Monette just ate a little. We had to save our appetites for the Ritz brunch buffet we were going to with Jing and her daughter Dixie. It was so good.. I began taking pictures of all the different stations of food. There was Japanese food, dim sum, salad bar, seafood, lamb, cheese/bread, omelettes, desserts galore, etc. I didn't quite finish taking pictures of everything, because I started getting really hungry! I had to put the camera down and start eating!.... I did take a picture of all the plates of food I ate. Yummy!.....



After walking around the hotel looking at artwork and stores, we headed back home. After all that food, I needed a long nap. When I woke up I made Jason and the girls nachos for dinner (me and Monette were still full from brunch) and we spent the rest of the night watching the Superbowl.


Feb.8, Tuesday - Today was quite an experience. Got to go to Rio's pre-kindergarten class. Fun, but exhausting. Then right after that I did my exercise class with Jing. I was starving after that so ate a big lunch at 11am. Next we went to go have smoothies, and then went to the warehouse store to buy an exercise mat for Jing's daughter Dixie. The rest of the day was pretty easy........but then night came around.
Jason was out playing hockey and Monette needed me to entertain all the girls in their room while she took an important work phone call. The kids were not happy because it's hard to include a 1and a 1/2 year old, a 4 year old and a 7 year old in one game. But I managed to do it. I became a horse and let all 3 of them pile on top of my back. What a work out! They were constantly falling off me - mostly because they became off balance, but sometimes because I felt like my back was going to break if I didn't throw them off! We were laughing hysterically the whole time. If you see me in Vancouver you will notice I will probably be walking with a cane! Oh, what an auntie will do to keep her nieces happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment