Friday, January 28, 2011

Cayman Jan 27- Feb 2 2011 - Week 3




I love this picture of Coco modelling one of the outfits I got her. She is so cute in pigtails!



Jan 27 Thurs
Shayana got money from the tooth fairy today. When they asked my niece what she was going to do with the money she said "I'm going to save it for retirement." Have you ever heard of a 7 year old saying she's going to start saving for her retirement? Most kids would say they want to buy candy or a new toy. She definitely didn't get this trait from me!
Jason, Jing and I took Coco to her weekly gymnastics play group.Don't you dig her shnazzy gymnastics outfit? While Jason played with Coco, Jing and I did stomach crunches so we got a work out as well. But the toddlers were interested in what we were doing and had a few little ones come over and watch us. I guess it was pretty interesting for the little ones to see us grown ups trying to exercise. I started talking to a lady who was carrying a newborn with her while watching her nanny and toddler play. I found out the baby was only 4 days old! Imagine being out and about after only 4 days - I was impressed! Little did I know that her husband and Monette actually have worked together. Living on such a small island, it doesn't surprise me anymore. Monette and Jason seem to know everyone on the island!



Jan 29, Saturday
Today I slept in late. The night before we went to a sports bar with Jason's hockey team. The kids had various sports to do in the morning. We did another treasure hunt. Then in the late afternoon we went to the public beach for Shayana's friend's birthday party. After more than 2 weeks here I finally made it to the beach. Unfortunately, I've already acclimatized to the weather here. It was a cold and windy day. It was about 25degrees, the coldest I've ever experienced here. I dipped my toes into the sea and felt like I was in Canada! It was way too cold to go swimming! Fortunately there was lots of other things for the kids to do at the party. There was a playground, a tug rope contest, a pinata, and dancing. I spent a lot of the party pushing kids on the swings.
After the party we got take out food from our favourite Thai restaurant and rented the Facebook movie "Social Network". Another relaxing day here in Cayman.

Jan 30, Sunday
This morning the girls played with the bubbles I gave them in their treasure hunt. After about 15 minutes the 2 older girls were ready to come in. They went to play some computer games. Little Coco however, decided that she wanted to blow bubbles til the end of time. She was so cute to watch. Somewhere along the way she decided that to get bigger bubbles she would have to shove the little wand into the bottle really quick many many times! The look of determination on her face was priceless. Thankfully after what seemed like hours she accidentally dropped it on the ground. The End! Amen!

Then the girls "helped" their dad clean the car. They came into the house totally drenched from head to toe.


Tonight we went for dinner at Eat's. It's quite an adventure trying to go eat with these noisy munchkins. And it appears that Jason has learned from my father - as a dad you never order your own food - you just eat everyone's leftovers. He had the wonderful meal of pasta, garlic bread, french fries and cobb salad, all washed down with a half melted strawberry smoothie.

After dinner we went to Haagen Daaz for some ice cream. I was too cold and too full for that dessert, but was happy just to sit with the kids. Afterwards we started walking towards the parking lot, but little Coco had her own plans. She, apparently, was going to watch a movie by herself. Good thing they live in a small town, or else she could easily get lost. She's not afraid of being by herself at all!

When we got home, Shay, Rio and I put another treasure to use. We got out that huge coloured paper and made cut outs of shirts and skirts that were the actual size of Shay and Rio. Then they used markers to put designs on them. We taped them together, then put a loose string to hang around their necks. They modeled their pretty outfits for me!.

Finally, we lay in bed and Shay and I had a competition on who could read/sing these storybook verses the best. Rio was the judge. The 2 of them conspired together to make sure their Auntie Lana always lost.......even with my best rapping and opera skills put to use.

It's 9pm and this auntie is ready for bed. Great day as always!

Jan.31, Monday
Went to the playgroup at the community centre. About 40 toddlers in one room playing with nannies, mothers and visiting relatives. Met another nanny from Finland who has only been here 2 weeks. I love being able to tell people all about Cayman, as if I live here....well, I practically do!

Feb.2, Tuesday
Today we were stuck in the house all day because the nanny's car was in the shop. During exercise this morning, we spent a lot of time running around the house with little Coco chasing after us on her plastic tricycle. She was having a blast and we were getting some good cardio work! After exercising in the morning I got to take a nap. That's what I do in Canada, so I was really happy to be able to do that here. I woke up nice and refreshed. I think we tired out Coco, because she napped for over 4 hours! Good thing we had no plans that day! The rest of the day was quiet, with Jing just cleaning up around the house, and me lying around watching movies on tv - I love that on this tourist island they have lots of free movie channels.
Then at night we went to the Camana Bay outdoor mall to grab dinner and help Monette pick out her birthday gift from Jason (much better to let her pick it out than have Jason surprise her). So nice to walk around.

No comments:

Post a Comment