Friday, January 21, 2011

Cayman Jan 20-26, 2011 - Week 2



Thursday, Jan 20

Coco's the sweetest toddler ever. Doesn't she look so cute in this pink outfit I bought her?...like such a mature model! Out of the blue she'll run up to you, give you a big kiss on the lips and then hug you tight. I'm telling you this story first, so you'll think of her with sweet thoughts.......Because this next story of her might make her seem less than perfect!


She can say a few words, but still can't communicate totally. But she is very smart! When she makes a poop in her pamper she has recently learned to take a piece of it out of her pamper and give it to her mom or to her nanny. What a genius!

Friday, Jan 21

Today, me and the nanny Jing tried to go to lunch with little Coco. We went to a little place on 7 Mile Beach called Cimboco. Coco was fine for most of the time, but did have one explosion when I dared to say "No" to her when she tried to use her fingers to take ice out of my glass. I think in the future we'll stick to restaurants that have playgrounds inside - Burger King, here we come..


I spent my Friday night reading Coco the book "Hey! Wake Up!" over and over and over again. Then later on we put on the movie Mamma Mia which the girls love to watch. I was quite entertained watching their whole family stand up and do all the dancing and singing to a lot of the show. Couldn't be more content.

Saturday, Jan 22

Slept in on Saturday morning. Then me and Monette went out to do some shopping for Jason's birthday party tomorrow - presents and food. And we went to this fabulous little cafe called Icoa. They have delicious food and a lot of out of this world priced kitchen gadgets. Who would buy a $200 egg holder? I think all that stuff is there just to stun all the eaters. Here are some pictures of the food we ordered. Yummy!...


After we were done all our shopping I had a long nap. I woke up to the smell of greek food being cooked by Monette. Yummy! To work off all the food I had eaten I went to the playroom with the girls and threw the ball around with them. Happy days!

Sunday, Jan 23

I'm actually typing this in a week later, from notes I made in my notebook. We had no internet access for a while. Why? Ants got into the receiver thingamagig outside. Oh, the problems living in this Caribbean paradise!

So anyways, we celebrated Jason's birthday a week late. The girls had their various lessons in the morning, and then Jason left for his hockey game. While he was gone Monette prepared all our picnic based on the French cartoon Ratatoille (this cartoon movie I have never watched)..


When Jason got home I seated him on a bench in the great room. Music started and 1 by 1 they came out modelling their new swimsuits. They all looked fantastic, but Coco stole the show. She moved more like a sumo wrestler than a super model! Then Jason opened his gift of a matching swim suit. Next Jason opened my gift to him - a grey Banana Republic shirt. But honestly, how can my gift compete with 4 cuties in swimsuits?.
I woke up from my daily nap just in time to watch a little NFL. It's actually really exciting. I just wish mom was here too - she's become a real big fan of the NFL.

Monday Jan.24

Today was National Heros Day, so no work and no school. In the afternoon we went to the Turtle Farm - the one place in Cayman that I've never been to. The turtles came in all sizes - I was especially impressed with the giant ones that were 4 or 5 feet big...
.

There was also a big swimming park. So while Monette and Jason took the kids in the water I spread out and got my tan on. I didn't get that much of a tan, but at least I'm not so pasty white anymore.......although Monette would beg to differ..

Then we went down the street to an outdoor restaurant for dinner. The eating area extended right out into the ocean. Heavenly!


Tuesday, January 25

I've started to teach Jing some simple exercises. We'll do it every morning. Lots of cardio, some tummy exercises and working with dumbells. Maybe this will be the first time that I return to Canada not looking like a Pillsbury Dough Boy!

Wednesday, January 26

Exercised again in the morning, showing Jing a few dance moves. I know what you're thinking - Lana dancing? Okay - it's just a few steps we do in our exercise class at home. Other than those, the only other dancing I know is the chicken dance!

Later, we went back to Caymana Bay outdoor mall. While Jing took Coco to the book reading and to play in the water park I got comfortable in the air conditioned coffee house with a slushy fruit drink and my sudoku book. My idea of paradise.....

I made spaghetti for dinner tonight. Thank goodness they like spaghetti because it's one of the few things I know how to cook. I'm also well known for my excellent toasting of bread abilities.


Well, I'd like to share more but American Idol is about to start....I'll post more next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment