Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Monday, Sept.21 in Cayman

Monette, Jason and Shay were away at work and school today, so spent most of my time with Rio. She loves doing puzzles, because when she's done I always comment on how smart she is and she loves the praise.

When Shay came home I told them stories about when me and Monette were young and living in Sewell Inlet. Their favourite story was the one where Papa Tony took us out to climb a waterfall, and Monette split open her knee. I assured them that their mom was fine, but for that whole summer she walked slowly with a limp. As she walked slowly we would all sing slowly "Ba dum, bu dum. Ba dum, bu dum." This would drive Monette crazy!
So later that night they sang that tune to Monette to drive her crazy. Monette pretended to be really embarrassed, which thrilled the girls to no end. Monette, in turn, told an embarassing story about me to the girls, but since this is my blog, I don't have to repeat it! Heehee!

No comments:

Post a Comment