Sunday, September 27, 2009

Sept. 27 Cayman






These are pictures of the Coco's first taste of solid food. She loved it. She's definitely part filipino - she loves her rice cereal! I'm not sure if this was the actual day she tried the rice for the first time, but close enough. Notice how messy her face is when I fed her? I do have a depth perception problem and didn't have the perfect aim into the mouth! Oh well!

Yesterday I tried to spend as much time as I could with my nieces. They all left early this morning for a 5 day trip to Disneyworld. In the late morning me, Monette, Rio and Coco went to watch Shay during the last half hour of her soccer class taught by Jason. During the first 10 minutes I met a lot of the other parents. I bragged to everyone about how this Canadian girl had totally gotten used to the hot temperatures and actually liked the heat. But by the end of the half hour, I was practically crying for some air conditioning. Guess this Canadian isn't as tough as she thought! By the way, I heard about the heat wave back in BC - it's the same temperature here as it is there! Krazy!


I have no idea what to do with myself. Does anyone have any suggestions? I already finished cleaning up the main part of the house and already washed all my handwashable clothes. I finished everything before 9am. Now what do I do? Luckily their nanny Jing will be able to drive me around to places whenever I want. But I have a feeling I'm going to mostly sleep for the next few days. After all the excitement of Cancun and playing with my nieces here, I am pretty tired. Plus I need to rest up for all my future travels. Or I could scratch that whole relaxing idea and find some cute scuba divers to play with!......Nah, I'll just stay home and watch Dancing with the Stars. I'm such an old lady!

ps -I just want everyone to say a quick prayer for all my family and friends in the Philippines who are dealing with the floods. God bless, Lana

1 comment:

  1. I will be praying for all your relatives in the Philippines Lana. We were wondering if any of them would be affected by the flooding as we have been reading all about it in the papers.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete