Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Sept.30 Wed





I know I haven't written in a while. Since the family went to DisneyWorld, I haven't really done much. Everyday, Nanny Jing has had to "babysit" me. We go out for lunch and then do a little shopping. It's been really hard on her. ;)

Today was kinda weird. You know how bad things happen in 3? When she picked me up we saw a dead chicken right by our front door. In all my trips to the Cayman Islands, I have never seen a dead chicken before......only wrapped up in the supermarket. I waited far away while Jing used 2 sticks to carry this smelly bird covered in magets far from the house. Then as we were driving there was another dead chicken on the road. That's bad thing #2. I was waiting for a third dead chicken, when our car came to a sudden stop. I don't know what happened but we were stuck in the sweltering heat on the side of the road. One bit of good luck was that we were only a couple blocks from their car repair shop. After several minutes of trying, the engine started to run again and we slowly made it to the repair shop. We got a ride home to the other car, and that was the end of our bad luck for the day.

We went to a small place for lunch. Jing is a little kookie and ordered a chicken salad - she didn't get enough dead chickens for one day? Then we made our way downtown to do a little shopping. She bought herself a Mac lipstick, then forced me to buy the same one too (Monette, I didn't want to spend your money, but Jing was very bossy!) Then we continued to look at the tshirts in the other gift shops. They were all about $15 to $20 each. Jing used to be roommates with a guy who works at the store that provides the gift shops with their products, so she took me there so we could buy stuff wholesale. Usually, if you buy wholesale you have to buy large quantities, but since Jing knew the guy, he let us just buy whatever amount we wanted. I bought a shirt that said "Got Rum?" just like the "Got Milk?" slogan and another shirt that says "Cayman Island Beach Bum". I paid less than half price for each shirt! I love a good deal!

After a nice long nap, Monette's coworker and friend Jennifer picked me up to watch a movie at 9:30. That's pretty late for this early riser, but what can I say? I'm a total party animal. We stopped for a frappucino - I needed the caffeine to keep me awake for the movie. We talked a lot about how bossy Monette is. Heehee! I'm only writing that because I know Monette is in DisneyWorld and has no way of checking this blog! Hopefully she won't check it when she gets home. Anyways, we watched "Fame". I know it doesn't come out until Friday in North American, but for some reason it's already playing here in Cayman. It was so good! But with all the young actors, it kinda made me feel old.

It's now past midnight and I'm still wide awake. Don't know if it's because of the frappe or because I loved the movie so much, or maybe it's because I'm scared I'm going to have nightmares about dead chickens!

I went to get ready for bed and was singing songs from the movie Fame. Since I'm home alone and surrounded by forests on all sides I figured I could sing loudly. I thought I sounded great..........that is, until I heard a rooster cockadoodle back! I think he thought I was a hen in heat or something! Maybe I'm not as good a singer as I thought?!

I'll try to go to bed now, but I kinda wish my mommy was here to scare away the boogie man....I mean the boogie chicken! Good night!

2 comments:

  1. With your family all in Florida, I'm you probably sang a lot more when you were at home .....maybe its your singing that is killing all the chickens in Cayman!?
    You have said that your singing scares bears away and they are huge .... so image what your voice does to those poor chickens! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicole, you may be on to something there!!!!

    ReplyDelete