Sunday, August 23, 2009

Flight to Chicago: Went thru hell to get to heaven!

I'm here in Chicago living in the lap of luxury at the Four Seasons on the Magnificent Mile (Chicago's version of Robson). After a long nap in a comfy bed, dad surprised me with thin crust pizza. Even though it wasn't deep dish it was still yummy - I don't know why, but pizza is just so yummy in Chicago!

Anyways, I had to go through hell to get to this heavenly place. In Edmonton, instead of waiting for our connecting flight in the nice plush Air Canada lounge we were forced to wait for 6 hours in uncomfortable chairs. For some reason international travelers don't get to use the lounge. The Edmonton airport bites!

When we got on our connecting flight, our luck didn't get much better. It was United Airlines and the plane looked like it was built in the 1800's. There was no tv to watch, no food to eat, and one of the 2 bathrooms were broken. I felt lucky that I made it to Chicago in one piece!

Then to top it off, right before we landed my dad spilled half his glass of water on me! The right side of my black pants were soaked. Well, it could have been worse.....I could have been wearing my white pants and he could have been drinking ginger ale!

It's going to be a few hours before Monette and baby Coco get here, so I think I'll take a walk around the neighbourhood. Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment