Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Last full day in Chicago

Well, I guess this is my last note from Chicago. We're leaving tomorrow morning.

This morning I had to watch baby Coco for about 2 hours while Monette was at her final meeting. After playing with her for a bit she was getting kind of restless, so I put her in her chair and put on the tv. Thank goodness for Dora the Explorer. After a bit she was getting even more fidgety - I knew that meant she was tired, which was perfect for me! I picked her up, "hellay, hellayed" her (that's not the write spelling, but in filipino it means to bounce them up and down in your arms). Then we both fell asleep til Monette came back.

We went to the mall and had lunch at California Pizza, where we shared a BBQ chicken pizza. I know, I know - I said the whole reason for coming to Chicago was to eat their deep dish pizza, but we never got around to having it. Well, I guess I have a reason to come back again!

After lunch we went shopping. I got paid for my babysitting skills by getting some nice jeans at the Gap. Those who know me, know I prefer to be paid in clothing and food! Monette bought a ton of stuff for her family.

By then, it was about 3pm - time for Coco's nap and my nap. We went to the hotel and napped while Monette did more shopping. For dinner we got take out Thai food from a restaurant in the mall attached to our hotel. Marites, you would have been jealous - we got pad thai noodles and green curry chicken with rice - yummy!

At around 7pm we took a quick cab to one of our favourite stores - Target. Monette bought toys and stuff for the kids. I managed to sneak some sport socks for me into her buggy when she wasn't looking!ssshh...don't tell Monette.

We just got home now at 10pm and I came directly down to the business centre to type this note before I went to bed and forgot what I did today. Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment