Friday, August 28, 2009

Travelling back to Vancouver

Well, I'm back to Vancouver. I thought I'd tell everyone about my last day of the trip. The reason this last note in my blog is so long is because I'm writing it on paper during my 5 hour wait at the terminal, the 1 hour delay on the tarmac and the 4 hour plane ride home. I'm just typing it up now that I'm home.

So my day started early. Me and Monette both woke up at 6am. Monette was excited to see her family and I was excited to pack. Anyone who knows me knows how much I love to organize and pack my bags.

Then I went back to sleep. I woke up at around 8am and we got ready to hit the spa/pool area. Monette, Coco and I tried the big pool. After a couple dunks in I was freezing. We made our way to the hot tub which was wonderful. Monette dunked her feet in and help Coco in her lap. I could have stayed there all day.

Monette and Coco went upstairs to clean up, but I stayed to enjoy all the perks of the hotel. I was excited to go there because they have a sauna and a steam room inside. I wanted to go in both to replenish my dry eye. It said not to spend more than 15 minutes in there at a time. No problem for me - after 5 minutes in each I was dying of heat. So much for my good idea!

Then I went to take a nice long shower. The hotel provides everything you need to get ready: slippers, robes, shampoo, conditioner, blow dryer, brushes, hair spray, cotton, Qtips, lotion - anything you can imagine. They even have a machine that instantly dries your wet swimsuit!
After I was all dressed I went to the adjoining room where they provided complimentary drinks, fruit and newspapers. I feel so spoiled here.

When I got back to our room Monette left me with Coco so she could quickly make a last purchase at the adjoining mall.

I can read Coco pretty well now. When she looks like she was done playing with her toys I let her sit up and watch Dora the Explorer. When she started not paying attention to the tv, I knew it was time for a nap. Monette says Coco doesn't usually nap, but during this vacation she did. I picked her up and "helay, helayed" her (walked around bouncing her up and down) until she fell asleep. Then I lay down with her on top of me. This made her kind of wake up but I patted her on the back til we both fell asleep.

We taxi'd to the airport. I was 2 terminals apart from Monette's terminal, but since I had 5 hours to waste Monette had me help her check in first. While she was checking in, I took Coco out of her buggy...her clothes were wet! WARNING: this story is not for the faint hearted! Monette sent me to the washroom to change her pampers and her clothes. Although her pamper was full of dirty smelly stuff her clothes were only a tiny bit wet! Auntie Lana picked her up at the perfect time - her buggy never even got wet! Now that I survived that I feel like I can survive anything!

Okay - I promise - this is my last note til the end of my Cancun trip. I go to Cancun on Sept 15. Since I doubt I'll have computer access in Cancun I'll write in my book everyday and post it to my blog when I get to Cayman on Sept.20. Bye for now, Lana

No comments:

Post a Comment