Monday, November 2, 2009

Friday - More Pampering - Oct.23

After resting yesterday from our big adventure (with only a little shopping) I went to the ATC (Alabang Town Centre) to get my manicure and pedicure. After spending so much time in the water I really needed one. It was so relaxing being pampered like that.

It's unbelievable how cheap it costs. I had 2 ladies both working on me for an hour! You'll never believe how much it cost....400 pesos! That's only $8! I gave the equivalent of $10 and left the salon. One of the workers followed me out, assuming that I had forgotten my change. She couldn't believe I was giving such a big tip to them. Yup, I gave them each a $1 tip - I'm quite the big tipper!

After that I went next door where my dad was getting a facial - yes my dad's a girly man! In the Philippines it's normal to see men getting pampered as well. While I was waiting for him, I got my hair cut. The guy took his time and did a great job and cost just a fraction of what it costs in Canada.

No wonder filipinos in Canada want to retire back in the Philippines. Canadian money goes so far here!

No comments:

Post a Comment